Our research group is involved or has been involved in the following research projects:
- Design of proactive e-government services by applying novel information society technologies, 1/2015-12/2015. A research project funded by Tallinn University of Technology. The project is working out design principles and algorithms for proactive e-government services.
- Multi-Paradigm Modelling for Cyber-Physical Systems (MPM4CPS, COST Action IC1404). A networking project by the European Union for coordinating the efforts in working out systematic design methods, techniques and tools for cyber-physical systems that integrate physical, software, network, as well as social aspects.
- Observation capacity mapping in the context of Atmospheric and Climate change monitoring (GAIA-CLIM), 2015-2018. A research project by the Horizon 2020 program funded by EU. GAIA-CLIM will establish sound methods for the correlation of satellite-based Earth Observation data by surface-based and sub-orbital measurement platforms – spanning Atmosphere, Ocean and Land observations for the establishment of possible climate changes.
- Model-based Creation and Management of Evolutionary Information Systems, 2010-2014. A research project funded by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
- Individualised healthcare decision support system, 6/2014-6/2015. A joint project between Software Technologies and Applications Competence Centre (STACC), synlab Estonia, and Tallinn University of Technology. The project was devoted to designing and working out algorithms for a prototypical decision-support system of personalised healthcare based on the analysis of laboratory tests.
- ATHENA (Asymmetric Threat Environment Analysis), 2010-2012. A research project funded by the European Defence Agency.
- Agent-Based Simulation – New Approaches for Design and Prototyping, 2008-2011. An Industry Linkage Grant funded by the Australian Research Council.
- Agreement Technologies (COST Action IC0801), 2009-2012. A networking project by the European Union aimed at coordinating national efforts on advancing a new paradigm for next generation distributed systems, based on the concept of agreement between computational agents.
- Modelling crisis management for improved action and preparedness (CRISMA), 2012-2015. The CRISMA project shall develop a simulation-based information system for decision support (Integrated Crisis Management System – ICMS), for modelling crisis management, improved action and preparedness. The ICMS shall facilitate simulation and modelling of realistic crisis scenarios, possible response actions, and the impacts of crisis depending on both the external factors driving the crisis development and the various actions of the crisis management team.
- Phoenix. The Phoenix project was dedicated to developing an interactive cookbook application for tablets and cell phones for digital publishing of recipes and other cooking-related information. Phoenix was a joint project between the Mektory of Tallinn University and Technology and Design Factory of Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, with a customer located in Melbourne, Australia. In the project, a team of TTU M.Sc. and Ph.D. students in ICT was responsible for problem domain analysis, development, data mining, and user experience, while a team of design students from Swinburne University of Technology catered for business analysis and visual design. 1 March – 30 June 2013.
- Healthminer: Intelligent digital assistant for promoting healthy lifestyle. The purpose of this research project was to create a proof-of-concept prototype for a software application helping its user to follow a healthy lifestyle in the virtual and real world by giving warnings and recommendations for behavioural changes. The project was ordered by Supikas Ltd. and was conducted as a Mektory team project with M.Sc. students. 1 February – 30 June 2013.
- Joint projects with Jeppesen on agent-oriented modelling and simulation of airline
workflows and modelling of cross-organizationl airline workflows, 1 April – 30 September 2014 and 1 November 2016 – 1 May 2017.